Toddlers are curious explorers by nature. So, it’s no surprise that they love new toys, which can keep them entertained for hours on end. But with so many different toys on the market these days, it can be hard to know which ones are best for your little one. Here are some of the best bets when it comes to toddler toys.
- Balls– Whether it’s a simple ball or a more complex toy like a pop-up toy, balls are great for keeping toddlers entertained. They can be used for throwing, catching, bouncing, and even kicking. The best part about balls is that they can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- Puzzles– Toddlers love putting puzzles together, and it’s a great way to help them develop their problem-solving skills. It’s also a good activity for when they need to calm down and focus. There are all sorts of different puzzles on the market, so you can find one that’s perfect for your toddler’s interests and skill level.
- Blocks– Building blocks are another great toy for toddlers. They can be used to build towers, houses, castles, or anything else their imaginations can come up with. And like puzzles, they’re also good for developing problem-solving skills.
- Cars, trains, trucks– These types of toys are always a hit with toddlers, especially boys. They love being able to push them around and make them move. And depending on the type of toy, they can also be used for imaginative play. For example, construction equipment toys like bulldozers or forklifts can be used to dig holes in the sand or carry blocks from one place to another.
- Dolls– Dolls are another classic toy that toddlers love. Playing with dolls can also help toddlers develop their social and emotional skills. They can learn how to take care of a baby doll, for example, or how to feed and dress them.
- Musical instruments: Toddlers love making noise, and musical instruments are the perfect way to let them do just that. Drums, cymbals, and xylophones are all great options. And if you have more than one toddler, they can even have a little jam session together.
- Art supplies– Toddlers are also very creative, so art supplies are a great way to let them express themselves. Crayons, markers, paint, clay, and even Play-Doh are all excellent choices. And like musical instruments, art supplies can also be used for imaginative play.
No matter what type of toy you’re looking for, there’s sure to be one that’s perfect for your toddler. With so many different options on the market, you’re sure to find something that they’ll love and that will keep them entertained for hours on end.
Should I Allow My Toddler to Play With My Phone?
Understandably, you might be hesitant to let your toddler play with your phone. After all, it’s a costly investment and you don’t want them to accidentally break it. There are also warnings out there about the potential for screen time to be harmful to young children.
However, there are also some benefits to letting your toddler play with your phone. For one, it can be a great way to keep them entertained in situations where they might otherwise get bored, such as when you’re cooking dinner or during long car rides. And if you download apps that are specifically designed for toddlers, you can rest assured that they won’t be exposed to anything harmful.
Of course, it’s important to set some ground rules before handing over your phone. For example, you might want to limit the amount of time they can play with it each day. And it’s also a good idea to supervise them while they’re using it to make sure they’re not accidentally deleting anything important. You can also install a screen lock to prevent them from making any unwanted purchases.
Overall, there’s no right or wrong answer when it comes to whether or not you should let your toddler play with your phone. It’s really up to you to weigh the pros and cons and decide what’s best for your family.
Do you have any tips for keeping toddlers entertained? Share them in the comments below!