Table of Contents
Custom Vehicle Lights & Light Bars — A Brief Outline
Custom vehicle lights and light bars are becoming increasingly popular, not only among car tuning enthusiasts but also first responders and police officers looking to freshen up their rides while still keeping them sleek and professional. Naturally, like all other kinds of vehicle lighting solutions, custom-made light bars aren’t just for show and aesthetics — they ensure greater visibility in low light, off-road, and poor weather conditions. But there is nothing to say that you can’t be safe and cool!
If you’ve ever used, installed, or merely seen vehicle lights, you already know what you’re getting into with custom-made products, as they serve the same function and come in just as many shapes and sizes. If you don’t have a lot of experience, don’t worry — it’s not rocket science, and it’ll all be clear soon.
Nowadays, you can get custom headlights, beacons, taillights, hideaway bulbs, and pretty much everything you can think of, so you’ll have to make a careful decision based on the type of vehicle you’re driving and its intended purpose. However, you’ll still have a lot of room to wiggle, and the freedom that comes with being able to pick and choose is the main benefit of custom lights.
Of course, you don’t have to go crazy and install something outlandish. Lots of folks prefer a simple design with just a handful of colorful LED bulbs, and with a bit of creativity, you can make even the most minimalist of designs attractive. Naturally, if you’re into more extravagant solutions, knock yourself out! The choice is up to you.
Custom vehicle lights and light bars are also available in a number of colors, such as white, amber, blue, red, green, etc. Like other features, your choice of color will depend on your goals and needs. For example, white lights are typically used for headlights, while amber lights are often used for fog lights, beacons, and turn signals. Red lights, on the other hand, are typically used for taillights or brake lights, while combined with blue lights, they are often used for emergency vehicles, such as police cruisers.
- Headlights are probably the most important type of light on any vehicle, period. They are essential —obligatory, that is — for providing extra visibility when you’re driving at night or in poor weather conditions, so while custom headlights can include even simple LED bulbs, you might actually need something more heavy-duty if you’re operating a truck or a construction vehicle. Whatever the case may be, you should probably go for LED headlights due to their energy efficiency and brightness.
- Taillights are just as important. After all, they are essential for letting other drivers know when you are braking or making a turn. Custom taillights can be a great way to catch some eyes before you make that corner.
- Fog lights provide improved visibility in foggy or rainy conditions, so they’re pretty much mandatory for a lot of drivers who often find themselves in such conditions. They are typically mounted lower on the vehicle at a slight downward angle to reduce glare. With custom fog lights, you’ll be visible and memorable.
- Auxiliary lights are a no-brainer choice for off-road adventures as they provide additional illumination in low-light environments such as forests. They can be mounted in various locations on the grille, the bumpers, on the roof, at the rear — pretty much wherever you need them. Off-road driving is largely about looking cool, so a sleek custom light bar is gonna add a few extra aesthetic points to your next Instagram video.
- Seeing ahead and being visible is not enough — you’ll also want to know what you’re doing inside your vehicle, which is why interior light bars are crucial. The purpose of these light bars is to provide additional lighting inside the cabin, which can be useful for a number of reasons. For one, if you have additional tasks you need to do besides just driving, like filling out forms, for example, an interior light bar can provide extra illumination to help you see what you’re doing. It can also be useful for off-road or rural drivers who want to light up the interior of their vehicle while driving in the dark.
Are you looking for premium-quality, custom light bars tailored specifically for you? Look no further than SpeedTech Lights!
SpeedTech Lights custom light bars are all made of durable products built with a passion for quality and reliability. Whether you need a basic single-row LED light bar or a syncable, multi-row light bar system with custom color and flash options, we have it all.
At SpeedTech Lights, you can look forward to a wide range of customization options to ensure that your light bars accommodate your every need. We offer not only customizable length, width, and color but also the number of take-downs, your LED module configuration, etc.
Not only are our products built to last, but they’re also affordable and perfect for use in a variety of situations and lines of work, including trucking, farming, construction, emergency responding, etc.
If you’re looking for the absolute best in the vehicle lighting sphere, contact us today to learn everything about our products and customization options and get ready to roll out with style!
It’s very important to note that installing custom lighting solutions in your vehicle may have legal implications depending on your area of residence and local laws. Always check local regulations and consult with law enforcement before making a purchase to ensure that your custom lights and light bars are installed not only safely but also legally, especially if you plan on driving on public roads. If you’re on private property, you’ll probably be fine no matter what, in which case — go as wild as you want!